Tuesday, December 30, 2014

until we meet again

For a while now, I have known that I this will be my last post for an indefinite period of time. I had considered simply turning away, but I cannot help but think my faithful few deserve better, deserve my heart on this. This blog has been short-lived, and I despise that, though I shouldn't. And in all honesty, I am not sure entirely why I am giving it up for now.

It isn't right--this just isn't working. This post, this blog. And I think I need some distance. Time to think, and pray. To really evaluate why I blog, and whether my writing is being guided in a different direction. For a while I have been working on a picture book--perhaps to publish someday, but for now just to give away. There are other projects filling my hard drive and journals, too.

So I come to the end of a year and the beginning of new ways. I have always been infatuated with paper, and the sincerity and tangibility it brings. The internet exhausts me sometimes with airs and distance, and I am tired of feeling far away. I want my writing to be more meaningful, for it to be placed in hands and given with honest eyes. Meaningful. I seek the meaningful. If that means less readership, I'll take it, though my readership here has never been large. But I value my faithful few, and sincerely sadden at the thought of leaving here. God has done so much in me alone here, and I cannot see what He has done in you. But He draws me to different corners of the earth, to different ways.

Perhaps my dreams have been too cookie cutter, and I have to learn to dream in different shapes and silhouettes. I am not Ann Voskamp or Aliza Latta. And I am not supposed to be. I am Karly, and above all, a child of God intended to bring Him glory however He might call me. For now that seems to be away from this blog.

Hope fills my heart, though, and the new projects excite me in a way this place has not in a while. It has been a strange year, a long year, full of change and turns in the road. I suppose I am ready to face more turns, only because I know He walks beside me.

I will leave this up for now, in the hope that past posts may be of help to you. May these words help you, and may your new year be filled with hope and courage from the Light who shines in our deepest darkness.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Karly... a.k.a. Scribbler. I have come to love this handle of yours.. and I wonder but think that really I might be one of the faithful few.

    You were always one of my own Faithful Few. I thank you!! Immensely. Just because the numbers say I have a large following really doesn't mean it to be true. When you came by and I on return - I always learned from you... your words are such a beautiful comfort. Well said. Well put. Well ... simply treasured. :)
    I will certainly miss you!! Stay in touch!! Please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Bevy, of course you are of my faithful few! Your encouragement has meant more than I can say. And yes--we shall stay in touch! Now that the holidays are over, I will get back into my blog-reading rhythm, and I will drop by as often as I can. :) Keep writing, keep loving, keep going. He has done great things.

      Delete
  2. You are so courageous, friend. May He bless you with unspeakable joy in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you--a thank you that holds weight and love in each letter and space. May you find Him ever more wonderful than has ever been expressed.

      Delete